By-law Enforcement Officer
Our vibrant community is seeking a motivated candidate to assume the role of By-law Enforcement officer with Bridgewater Police Services.
Under the direction of the Chief of Police or their designate, the By-law Enforcement Officer is responsible for the day-to-day enforcement activities within the Town of Bridgewater or other locations if directed, relating to By-Laws. This includes all Town By-Laws and parking provisions of the Motor Vehicle Act of the Province of Nova Scotia. The duties will entail responding to calls for service, preventive patrols by foot, maintenance of computerized parking meters and such duties as directed by the Chief of Police.
As the ideal candidate, you have:
- Previous experience in an enforcement related role;
- Post-secondary education in policing or a related field;
- Must be eligible for Special Constable status under the Department of Justice;
- The ability to deal with people in a professional, tactful manner under trying circumstances;
- A combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Conditions of Employment
- 1-year term position;
- Unionized position (A.P.A Local 108);
- 20 hours per week, various shifts, with ability to adjust as and when circumstances require.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume in confidence by Monday, January 21, 2019 to:
The Chief of Police
45 Exhibition Drive
Bridgewater, NS, B4V 0A6
While we appreciate your interest in working for Bridgewater Police Service, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.